As previously mentioned in a blog post, my husband and I have been trying to eat better to help our health and our weight. We ate out A LOT, almost daily, so we decided to skip going out and opted to eat at home. This lead me on the search for easy, delicious recipes for us to eat. I also wanted to incorporate ingredients that have longer shelf lives to help save on some of the grocery bills. I am a HUGE fan of strawberries, and when I had a ton in my house I decided to make some easy strawberry vinaigrette to put on top of a blackened chicken salad.
On this particular night I wanted to incorporate avocados into the salad, sadly they were not ready to be used ::insert crying face here::, so I had to leave them out of this dinner, which was perfectly fine, but I believe adding them would really enhance the dish.
Strawberries (fresh or frozen, but thawed)
Apple Cider Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
8 oz Strawberries
2 Tablespoons Honey
2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vineger
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/4 Teaspoons of Salt AND Pepper
- Add all ingredients into a blender, blend until fully blended and has your desired consistency. Set Aside.
I personally use Chef Paul’s Blackened Redfish Magic, which is Gluten Free and has no MSG. I prefer to use chicken breast cutlets/tenders, they’re not always as thick as the entire breast and easier for me to cook, but the selection and quantity of chicken is entirely up to you.
- Use a paper towel to remove excess liquids from both sides of the chicken.
- On each side of your chicken, coat fully with your blackening seasoning.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil into a saucepan on medium high heat.
- Once warm, add your chicken into the sauce pan and continue to flip until chicken is fully cooked.
- Once cooked*, slice your chicken to your liking and set aside.
*You should end up with chicken that is perfectly seasoned and a little black in color, but not burnt.
- Slice your desired amount of strawberries and avocado
- In a bowl, combine spinach, strawberries, avocados and feta cheese.
- Add a small amount of the vinaigrette and stir to mix and then add to plate.
- Take your sliced chicken and plate on top of the salad, drizzle with more vinaigrette.